The Christmas Special Edition of The Ripple is out now! It is available both at university and as a PDF on this website (bottom right of home page).
We hope you’ve enjoyed the puzzle page in this edition, please let us know if you’d like to see more puzzles in the future issues of The Ripple.
Here are the solutions…
Click on the image to see a larger version of the crossword solutions
1. What are the names of the 3 reindeer who begin with “D2?
Dancer, Donner, Dasher
2. Under the branches of which plant do you exchange Christmas kisses?
3. What does finding a spider web in your house on Christmas symbolize?
4. Finding a coin in your Christmas pudding fortells wealth. What does finding a button in your pudding foretell?
5. Name the 3 Wisemen
Casper, Balthazaar, Melchior
6. Who wrote a Christmas Carol?
7. Where did the real Good King Wenceslas Rule?
8. Where would you be if your Christmas gifts were bought by “Shengdan Laoren”?
9. What was the name of the boy in the TV film “The Snowman”?
10. Which alcoholic beverage is used to make a Snowball ?
Name the Christmas song from the first letters of the title
1. S C I C T T Santa Claus is Coming To Town
2. I S M K S C I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
3. I D O A W C I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas
4. R T R N R Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer
5. A I A M Away In a Manger
6. O C A Y F O come all ye faithful
7. O L T O B O little town of Bethlehem
8. SN Silent Night
9. LIS Let it snow
10. TTDOC The twelve days of Christmas
11. HTHAS Hark the herald angels sing
12. WWYAMC We wish you a Merry Christmas
Changing only 1 letter each time get from STAR to BELL
Changing only 1 letter each time get from GIFT to TREE